Queensland police are hunting three masked offenders who raided multiple games and collectables shops across south-east Queensland on Monday night, making off with tens of thousands of dollars worth of Pokemon cards, gaming consoles, and other sought-after items in what authorities are treating as a coordinated criminal spree.

Three Shops Hit in a Single Night

CCTV footage captured the trio moving through at least three separate stores during the Monday evening raids. Among those targeted was Pro Hobbies in Sunnybank, Brisbane, where staff described the aftermath as a "wrecking ground." The shop was forced to close temporarily while staff worked to clean up, make repairs, and assess the full extent of the damage.

"Sadly, our store was broken into last night. Because of this, we are temporarily closed until further notice," the business posted online. "Our team is currently working hard on cleaning up, repairing, and getting everything organised so we can reopen our doors safely."

A Pro Hobbies staff member said the scale of the theft was unlike anything they had seen before, despite the store having been targeted previously. "Some of the cards are highly valuable and collectable... We're looking at $20,000 to $30,000," the staffer said, adding that the stolen cards were likely already being funnelled toward online resale platforms, with Facebook Marketplace flagged as a probable avenue.

Queensland Police allege the same group also struck Mana Market in Southport and Crystal Collectables in Hope Island on the Gold Coast earlier the same evening, suggesting a deliberate sweep across the region over the course of several hours.

Damage Runs Deep for Small Businesses

The Monday night raids were not an isolated incident. Just days earlier, two more Brisbane collectables stores were broken into — Mint Collectibles in Kedron and Dorky Desires in Springwood — in attacks that left both businesses devastated.

Dorky Desires shared images online showing smashed windows and empty shelves, describing the loss in emotional terms. "Sadly the worst has happened, lots stolen and our hearts are absolutely broken," the store posted. Owner Darrin Stewart said he held little hope of recovering the stolen stock. "We were not the first, we won't be the last... I think the items are gone, lost to the void," he said.

At Mint Collectibles, regional manager Isaac Hinchliffe confirmed thieves had stolen more than $100,000 worth of stock, including Pokemon cards and basketball cards — a staggering blow for a specialty retailer.

Police Yet to Formally Link the Incidents

While investigators have not yet been able to formally connect Monday's robberies to the break-ins from the previous week, they have moved to put the broader collectables retail sector on notice. Police have been actively advising game and collectables shops across the region to strengthen their security arrangements, including relocating high-value stock off-site where possible.

The brazen nature of the crimes — carried out by masked individuals who appear comfortable moving quickly through commercial premises — has raised concerns about the vulnerability of specialty retail stores that stock items with rapidly growing resale value. Rare and limited-edition Pokemon cards in particular have surged in value in recent years, making them an increasingly attractive target for organised theft rings.

It remains unclear whether those responsible for this week's raids are connected to any wider criminal network, though the pattern of targeting similar businesses across multiple suburbs in quick succession points to a degree of planning and local knowledge. Retail theft of high-value specialty goods has emerged as a growing concern for small businesses and law enforcement alike.

What to Do If You Have Information

Queensland Police are urging anyone with information about the thefts — including sightings of the three suspects or knowledge of stolen items being offered for sale — to come forward and contact police directly. The investigation is ongoing.